Three more men charged with ­involvement in what the prosecution now calls gang-related violence at last week's Cup Match appeared in Magistrates' Court yesterday.

Two of the three were remanded in custody until August 17 when they will join the first six who appeared in court on Monday.

The third was granted bail until then.

Crown counsel Robert Welling said: "The violence was gang-related with one from St. George's and one from Parkside (Pembroke)."

He also revealed that the police are hunting up to 12 more people in connection with the incident.

Citing what he called recent incidents of tit-for-tat violence, the prosecutor asked for the remands "for fear of further offences".

Psanto Eve, 18, of Princess Street, Pembroke and Dwayne Robert Signor, 27, of Governor's Alley, St. George were charged with fighting and riotous behaviour in public at the St. George's Cricket Club grounds last Friday.

They denied both counts.

Mr. Eve was additionally charged with violently resisting arrest, escaping lawful custody, stealing liquor of an unknown value from the club and two counts of possessing offensive weapons - a glass bottle and a shovel.

He denies further, unrelated, charges from February 28 when he is said to have attempted to pervert the course of justice by wilfully providing false personal details to the police.

He allegedly claimed to be Machai Brangman born in June 1988.

That charge sheet included, as well, three traffic offences.

Magistrate Khamisi Tokunbo granted him bail of $1,000 to return to court for trial on Oct. 9 in connection with those charges.

Mr. Signor faces separate charges from April 12 when he is said to have obstructed Sergeant Joel Braithwaite and violently resisted arrest in St. George's.

Bailed

On those he was bailed in the amount of $2,000 to reappear for trial on November 6.

Jahkeil Leeandrew Samuels, 24, of Princess Street, Pembroke pleaded not guilty to aiding Mr. Eve's escape from lawful custody and to obstructing a police officer.

Mr. Tokunbo released him on bail of $5,000 with a similar surety to return to court with the others.

The magistrate accepted lawyer Charles Richardson's argument that his client isn't accused of participation in the actual violence.

Outlining the Crown's case, Mr. Welling described the situation as one involving a "pairing of groups that erupted in violence" at the conclusion of the annual cricket classic.

The groups, he said, confronted each other.

"Bottles, weapons and fists were ­being thrown," he claimed. "That caused fear for people there who fled to avoid being hurt."

He said the police saw Mr. Eve armed with a glass bottle and throw it at other people.

He then allegedly used the shovel as a weapon.

However, because of Mr. Samuels's alleged interference, the prosecutor explained, Mr. Eve escaped.

When later arrested, he reportedly claimed in a police interview to have been the one attacked and to have armed himself with the weapons in self-defence

Countering for his client, barrister Llewellyn Peniston said that the Crown hadn't shown any evidence that Mr. Eve was a gang member.

"He went out to enjoy the Cup Match game and found himself involved in a melee in the face of which he had to defend himself against a barrage of missiles," the lawyer urged.

He claimed that his client had grabbed the first thing at hand to keep "the mob" away from him.

His lawyer added that he was part of the mass confusion but wasn't caught up in the violence for the purpose of hurting anyone else.