Nahki Wells in action against Sheffield United at Valley Parade. *Photo by Claire Epton / capturedbyclaire.wordpress.com
Nahki Wells in action against Sheffield United at Valley Parade. *Photo by Claire Epton / capturedbyclaire.wordpress.com

Bradford City boss Phil Parkinson has rubbished reports of an imminent £3m bid from QPR for Bermuda striker Nahki Wells.

The English tabloids yesterday stated that the Championship club’s manager Harry Redknapp was poised to launch a bid for City’s star man.

But Bantams boss Parkinson says talk of a move is nothing but speculation and the club have no intention of selling.

Former Dandy Town man Wells, 23, on Saturday became the first player to score in eight consecutive games for the club carrying over from last season. In his maiden League One campaign so far, he has netted five in four as his reputation continues to grow.

"There are always going to be rumours. You expect that,” Parkinson told the Telegraph & Argus.

“QPR have just signed Charlie Austin and others. I’m sure they won’t be interested. It’s fairly difficult at this point to let anyone go because it would be almost impossible to bring someone in. It’s something we don’t want.

“I want to keep improving the squad and not weakening it by losing players. That’s the situation.”

 He added: “Nahki knows the work that went in from the team on Saturday to make sure those goals were winning goals. He understands that.

“He is getting the headlines, which is great, but it was a terrific performance from the whole team.”